Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sweater Girl Shoot Part I

I am so excited to start posting pics from my first official Fashion/Lifestyle shoot. My incredible boyfriend got me an amazing new camera for Christmas (Mamiya 645 1000S) and I couldn't wait to use it. My first shoot was sort of a modern take on the "Sweater Girl" of the 50s. I already had an idea of what I wanted to do, but then I saw this shot of Lara Stone from a 2010 issue of Vogue, and my search for concept was over.



My take on the modern "Sweater Girl" was a bit different though. I was using a vintage camera with 3200 speed (super grainy) film, and really wanted an environment with a lot of contrast too. I decided to transform my garage into a sort of industrial/warehouse looking loft bedroom. I paired that with candlelight, a white down comforter, flowers and a beautiful young lady named Emily Mann. Here are a few digital shots for now...can't wait to see the film!!









Thank you Emily for being such a beautiful model and for braving the cold with me! You were amazing!





No comments:

Post a Comment